[rt-users] Approval workflow problem

Andro Wei androw at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 04:18:04 EDT 2008

Hi all

According to the book: RT Essentials page 94. It say : "Once an approval is
rejected, its original ticket is immediately rejected, and all of its other
approvals are rejected as well."
I test it in my RT system (version 3.8.1), but in fact RT does not follow
the rule mentioned above.
When I rejected the approval, RT system just changed the approval ticket'
status to "Reject",
and the original ticket didn't change anything. Because the approval
ticket's status setted to "Reject",
the original ticket didn't depend on the approval, so the original ticket
displayed in the queue without approving.

I think the action about Approval does not make sense.
The original ticket should be rejected automatically.
Anyone had the same problem?? And how did you solve it?
Thanks!!