[rt-users] RT 3.8.2 on RHEL 5.3 install failed due to XML::RSS missing

victor.da.fonseca at fr.schindler.com victor.da.fonseca at fr.schindler.com
Mon Feb 9 09:26:05 EST 2009

Hi there,

Here is my problem i have been trying to install RT3.8.2 on a RedHat
server RHEL5.3.
I followed the Manual installation guide in the wiki, and when trying to
do the make testdeps or fixdeps, it says that XML::RSS is missing.
I installed it manually with the dependencies (XML::Parser) but i still
have the same problem.
Here is what i have in my console.

[root at ecsltest:~/temp/rt3-3.8.2/rt-3.8.2 ]#make fixdeps
/usr/bin/perl ./sbin/rt-test-dependencies --verbose --install --with-mysql
--with-fastcgi
perl:
        >=5.8.3(5.8.8)...found
users:
        rt group (rt)...found
        bin owner (root)...found
        libs owner (root)...found
        libs group (bin)...found
        web owner (apache)...found
        web group (apache)...found
CLI dependencies:
        Term::ReadKey...found
        Getopt::Long >= 2.24...found
        HTTP::Request::Common...found
        Term::ReadLine...found
        Text::ParseWords...found
        LWP...found
CORE dependencies:
        Class::ReturnValue >= 0.40...found
        Text::Quoted >= 2.02...found
        CSS::Squish >= 0.06...found
        Encode >= 2.13...found
        Module::Versions::Report >= 1.05...found
        MIME::Entity >= 5.425...found
        DBI >= 1.37...found
        Locale::Maketext::Lexicon >= 0.32...found
        Devel::StackTrace >= 1.19...found
        Digest::base...found
        Time::ParseDate...found
        File::Temp >= 0.18...found