[rt-users] Canned replies with RTFM / without RFTM

Naresh Maharaj naresh at hewittandmay.com
Sat Dec 25 06:46:26 EST 2010

Dear All

Have read the following article and followed it ditto..

http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/CannedReplies

To no avail, I was unable to get any functional or cosmetic differences in
RT.

Been sifting through the rt-users archives and web comments alike.

Given that I am unable to get this to work I started looking at using RTFM
for canned responses.
Not sure if I need RTFM for about 10 or more basic responses to ticket
queries.
Any advice on on best approach to adopt.

In terms of the following:

a) Has someone successfully added canned replies using the article above to
RT 3.8.x
b) Can anyone recommend using RTFM with RT for canned replies and if there
is a nice step by step guide to do this.
c) Do I need to download and install RTFM or in RT_SiteConfig.pm file add
the following
   line:

   Set(@Plugins,qw(RT::FM));
d) Will RTFM reduce the speed in which RT currently works. (i.e. is it a
beast)

Kind regards

Naresh