[rt-users] 3.8.7 Upgrade

Joe Kirby kirby at umbc.edu
Thu Mar 4 14:28:02 EST 2010

UMBC has upgraded from 3.8.2 to 3.8.7 in our development environment
and so far everything looks great!!

We have experienced some issues in 3.8.2 when folks use the Ticket
option from the left hand menu of Rt at a Glance.

Sometimes it is just pulling too much data and the system hangs.

I was wondering if there is any setup/config option to limit who can
use this feature so we can limit our exposure to these performance hits.

We have over 220 Privileged users of which just a handful should be
able to use this feature.

Lastly, I was hoping to discover that the Display History would ignore
any filtering when a ticket changed queues as we do not care if a user
sees that the ticket went from a Level 1 queue to a Level 3 queue.

We do not want to grant them SeeQueue attribute since this would
create an abnormally high number of Queues that are not really
necessary for these users.

An example in the history log is Sun Jan 24 14:00:15 2010 The RT
System itself - Queue changed from Human Resources (HR) to

Lastly I would just like to take a minute and give Jesse, Kevin, and
the rest of the BestPractical team a big THANK YOU for this system.
You guys do a great job!!!!

Joe

Joe Kirby , Assistant Vice President, Business Systems
Division of Information Technology (DoIT)
Support Response - http://www.umbc.edu/oit
Administration 627
Office - 410-455-3020
Email - kirby at umbc.edu