[rt-users] RT::Extension::PriorityAsString Help Request (Comple & Configuration)

Brian Thompson Brian.Thompson at tridentmicro.com
Thu Nov 11 11:34:06 EST 2010

Hello,

I'm in the process of installing & implementing the extension "RT::Extension::PriorityAsString".

My first issue is with the "make"  Can anyone tell me if this compile was successful? (please
note the "Warning" although RT 3.8.8 is in fact installed and working for us):

perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/rt/perl
Using RT configuration from /rt/perl/lib/RT.pm:
./html  => /rt/perl/html
./lib   => /rt/perl/lib
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Warning: prerequisite RT 3.8.3 not found.
Writing Makefile for RT::Extension::PriorityAsString
[rtracker at ithelpdesk RT-Extension-PriorityAsString-0.03]$ make
cp lib/RT/Extension/PriorityAsString.pm blib/lib/RT/Extension/PriorityAsString.pm
Manifying blib/man3/RT::Extension::PriorityAsString.3pm
[rtracker at ithelpdesk RT-Extension-PriorityAsString-0.03]$ make install
Installing /rt/perl/lib/RT/Extension/PriorityAsString.pm
Installing /rt/perl/man/man3/RT::Extension::PriorityAsString.3pm
Appending installation info to /rt/perl/lib/perllocal.pod
Installing /rt/perl/html/Ticket/Elements/ShowPriority
Installing /rt/perl/html/Elements/SelectPriority
Installing /rt/perl/html/Callbacks/PriorityAsString/Elements/RT__Ticket/ColumnMap/Once

I've gone ahead and added the following lines to our "RT_SiteConfig.pm" file:

Set(@Plugins, qw(... RT::Extension::PriorityAsString ...));
Set(%PriorityAsString, (Low => 0, Medium => 50, High => 100));
Set(@PriorityAsStringOrder, qw(Low Medium High));

I've restarted the web server as instructed but I'm not seeing any indication
that the number priorities are now strings.

I'm thinking here that the non-standard "/rt" installation directory might be
the issue but not sure where to look to make this work.

One other "non-standard" location is the path for "RT_SiteConfig.pm" and other
associated files, they live in "/rt/app/etc":

[rtracker at ithelpdesk etc]$ pwd
/rt/app/etc
[rtracker at ithelpdesk etc]$ ls

acl.Informix  acl.Oracle  acl.Sybase   RT_Config.pm      schema.Informix   schema.mysql-4.1  schema.Pg      schema.Sybase
acl.mysql     acl.Pg      initialdata  RT_SiteConfig.pm  schema.mysql-4.0  schema.Oracle     schema.SQLite

Can anyone offer suggestions for how to troubleshoot?

Thank you!,

Brian

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CB817A.E454B160]
Brian Thompson
Senior Unix Systems Administrator

Trident Microsystems, Inc.
1170 Kifer Road, Sunnyvale, CA  94086-5303
phone  408-962-5314
email brian.thompson at tridentmicro.com<mailto:paul.hofman at tridentmicro.com>