[rt-users] scrip to send email suddenly stopped working

John Alberts John.Alberts at exlibrisgroup.com
Mon Nov 22 09:56:54 EST 2010

I have a scrip working on the 'on create' condition and set to 'send email' action to our group email address, so that we are notified when a new ticket is created.  It's been working great until last Friday.  All of a sudden I noticed we stopped getting these emails from RT.  The only thing that changed on the system is that I added another scrip with a 'user defined' condition.  I wasn't sure if that condition failing would cause RT to stop processing the other scrips, so I deleted that new scrip in an attempt to fix the problem.  It didn't help.
I enabled debug logging to a file.  I can see the following in the log file when I create a new ticket.

[Mon Nov 22 14:54:09 2010] [debug]: Found 6 scrips for TransactionCreate stage with applicable type(s) Create (/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/Scrips_Overlay.pm:370)
[Mon Nov 22 14:54:09 2010] [debug]: About to commit scrips for transaction #8397 (/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/Transaction_Overlay.pm:187)
[Mon Nov 22 14:54:09 2010] [debug]: Committing scrip #3 on txn #8397 of ticket #431 (/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/Scrips_Overlay.pm:190)

and I see 2 messages further down like 'Committing scrip #x', but it never does scrip #12, which is the one that sends an email to our group.  The other odd thing is that I only have 3 scrips for 'TransactionCreate' stage, not 6.

Any ideas how I can further troubleshoot this?

Thanks

--
John Alberts
Hosted Services