[rt-users] RT 4.0.1 Custom Field -> Wikitext box not saving all data.

Scott sthild at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 16:37:10 EDT 2011

On 08/03/2011 01:58 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 01:39:09PM -0500, Scott wrote:
>>     On 08/03/2011 01:28 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
>>
>>   On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 01:14:35PM -0500, Scott wrote:
>>
>>       Just to follow up, I did get this working.  I went into the Custom Fields->"Field
>>      Name"->Group Rights
>>      and clicked the all rights on each tab (General, Staff, Administrators) for Privileged users.
>>
>>   Unfortunately, without knowing your previous configuration we can't
>>   replicate and fix the problem.
>>

>>     I can send it to you, it was rt 3.8 on mysql.  It is still in production, I am switching over
>>     to the new
>>     rt 4.0.1/Oracle this weekend.   Not sure what I should send you.
> As I've said previously:
>
> "It's much more interesting to me to know how they *currently* get
> their ModifyCustomField rights on that CF."
>
> So you need to go looking for ModifyCustomField grants

In the rt 3.8, the custom field did not have any rights granted, this
was set up in the queue with a certain group
having these permissions.

Current rights
/(Check box to revoke right)/
  AdminQueue
  AssignCustomFields
  CommentOnTicket
  CreateTicket
  DeleteTicket
  ModifyCustomField
  ModifyScrips
  ModifyTicket
  OwnTicket
  ReplyToTicket
  SeeCustomField
  SeeQueue
  ShowACL
  ShowOutgoingEmail
  ShowScrips
  ShowTemplate
  ShowTicket
  ShowTicketComments
  StealTicket
  TakeTicket
  Watch
  WatchAsAdminCc

These seem to be set in the rt4 install, but I'm not sure if they were
originally.  I will try to follow the rights that are checked when I do
the final
RT 3.8 (mysql) -> RT 4.0.1 (mysql) - > RT 4.0.1 (Oracle) and let you
know if it was something in the conversion.

Sorry for the confusion, there are a lot of ways the ACL's can be setup.