[rt-users] Auto-Reply not generated

Landon landonstewart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 19:36:41 EDT 2013

On 22 August 2013 12:17, mdm100 <michael at hudsonstreet.us> wrote:

> When requests to open tickets are sent directly to the RT queues email
> address
> a ticket is created and an Auto-Reply generate and  received.  ie.... wen
> sent directly to  noc at RT-srvr.domain.com
>
> However, when a request to open a ticket is sent to noc at domain.com and
> then
> the email is
> forwarded to  noc at RTsrvr.domain.com the ticket is opened/created but no
> auto-reply
> is generated.
>
> Just cannot figure this one out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Some information on settings and from addresses is probably necessary here.
 I have a feeling that the return email is being squelched because of the
address to which it is being sent.  Have you checked the contents of your
rtQueueRegex setting in RT_SiteConfig.conf against the email addresses used
for opening tickets?  RT won't send mail back to an address that matches
the rtQueueRegex to avoid loops.

--
Landon Stewart <LandonStewart at Gmail.com>