[rt-users] Problem with HTML tags appearing in correspondence

Bart bart at pleh.info
Wed Dec 11 07:33:58 EST 2013

Hi,

As mentioned in that thread, I resolved it by installing version 4.2.0
again using these steps:

# Download and unpack version 4.2.0
wget wget http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/release/rt-4.2.0.tar.gz
tar -xvzf rt-4.2.0.tar.gz
cd rt-4.2.0

# Only go up to the make upgrade, don't do the upgrade-database parts
./configure
make upgrade

# Restart RT
service apache2 stop
rm -rf /opt/rt4/var/mason_data/obj/*
service apache2 start

Unfortunately I don't know if there's a "real" fix for this problem, for
now I'm satisfied with the downgrade to version 4.2.0 which seems to work
just fine (even with the 4.2.1 database changes, apparently they have no
affect on the functionality of RT 4.2.0).

--
Bart G.