[rt-users] Ticket Comment / Reply box greyed out and unable to enter text

Jeff Fioravanti jfioravanti at primax.us
Fri Aug 1 13:28:47 EDT 2014

Good Day,

I have been looking into this, and maybe I am not formulating the query correctly via the others lists I have searched, or through the book I have for reference, but thus far I have turned up nothing regarding a users issue with the comment and reply box when working a ticket.

We are on RT 4.08 and we have a user who previously could reply and comment to tickets but now when he selects comment or reply the box is greyed and nothing can be entered. I have searched through his options on his settings, his about me, and elsewhere within settings but nothing seems to indicate how or what has happened to his preferences. I checked and he is still privileged and he seems to have the same settings as others within his group. He is working with RT on IE 10. He thought he lost his ability to edit/comment or reply when he installed the recent windows updates, but that would mean everybody would be having this issue, and thus far it is only him.

I would appreciate any input on how to resolve this so this user can once again get back to commenting and replying to tickets within his group. Thanks.

Jeff Fioravanti

Desktop Support Analyst

jfioravanti at primax.us

P 781-756-8247 (direct) | Fax 781-246-5609

 Primax logo autosignature  516 Edgewater Dr., Wakefield, MA 01880 ▪ www.primax.us

Confidentiality Statement

This e-mail and any attachments are for use by the intended recipient only and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient any disclosure, distribution or other use of this content is prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete