[rt-users] Upgrade RT 3.8.7 to 4.0.1

Felipe Agnelli Barbosa no.molas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 17:02:41 EDT 2014

Hi Guys,

 I'm migrating of server and i would like to upgrade my rt instalation.
My current configuration is it,

Ubuntu 10.0.4
RT(via apt-get) 3.8.7
Mysql 5.1.6

New server:
Ubuntu 14.0.4
RT(via apt-get) 4.0.19
Mysql 5.5.3

So, I follow the documentation, README,  UPGRADING-3.8.gz,
UPGRADING-4.0.gz, UPGRADING.mysql, NOTES.Debian.gz, README.Debian.gz among
other.
I find to other cases like me at the list but it don't help to fix my
problem.

And, i did the following :

1. Backup at the current server
$/usr/bin/mysqldump -u root -password --default-character-set=latin1
--databases rtdb > rtdb.dump

2. Imported at the new server
$mysql -u root -password --default-character-set=latin1 rtdb < rtdb.dump

3. Exec this script at the new server
$perl /usr/share/request-tracker4/etc/upgrade/vulnerable-passwords

4. Apply upgrade the schema at the current server and after in the new
server
$perl /usr/share/request-tracker3.8/etc/upgrade/upgrade-mysql-schema.pl
rtdb root password > queries.sql
$mysql -u root -p rtdb < queries.sql

5. Run the upgrade database at the new server
$rt-setup-database-4 --prompt-for-dba-password --action upgrade

6. Start webserver at the new server
$service apache2 start

Than, i can do login once after changing my password and i can't create
ticket neither change the owner they.

So you guy, can me give a hint?

I appreciate your help.