[rt-users] adding custom field type, how to force single value

Len Jaffe lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com
Mon Jun 16 16:54:03 EDT 2014

I'm adding a custom field type tp my RT instance to that I can create
custom Show and Edit templates due to the data being stored in JSON.

What I';ve found so far is that RT thinks my Text-based CF is multivalued,
and when the edit side submits any values (not even changing any of the
json), RT will parse pretty-printed JSON as multiple entries.

How does one typically go about informing RT that the new custom field type
is single-valued?

Thanks,
Len.

--
lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com   614-404-4214    @lenjaffe
Information Technology Smoke Jumper, Host of Columbus Code Jam