[rt-users] how to allow subject line if update is from specific email address

Landon Stewart lstewart at iweb.com
Thu Nov 13 11:50:47 EST 2014

On Nov 13, 2014, at 5:06 AM, Atif Mehboob <atif.mehboob at eckoh.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We are using RT 4.2.1. How can we allow a specific email address to update the subject line of ticket in any queue.  Any suggestions please?
>
> Regards,
> Atif

Hi Atif,

We do this using a scrip (in this case it'd be a global scrip).  Update it with the email address in question.

Update the subject for theemail at address.com

Condition:
On Correspond

Action: (User defined)
my $attachments = $self->TransactionObj->Attachments;
$attachments->Columns( qw(id Headers Subject) );
my $attachment = $attachments->First;
return 0 unless $attachment;
return 0 unless $self->TicketObj->IsWatcher( Type => 'Requestor', Email => 'theemail at address.com <mailto:theemail at address.com>' );
my $subject = $attachment->GetHeader('Subject');
return 0 unless $subject;
$self->TicketObj->SetSubject($subject);
return 1;

Template: