[rt-users] How to get different queues to send from different email addresses

Guadagnino Cristiano guadagnino.cristiano at creval.it
Mon Feb 2 06:52:35 EST 2015

You could use something like this in RT_Siteconfig.pm:

Set($OverrideOutgoingMailFrom, {

 'Queue1'                                      =>      'ithelpdesk at dummy.com<mailto:ithelpdesk at dummy.com>',

 'Queue2'                                      =>      'ithelpdesk at dummy.com<mailto:ithelpdesk at dummy.com>',

.

.

.

 'QueueN'                                      =>      'ithelpdesk at dummy.com<mailto:ithelpdesk at dummy.com>',

 'SpecialQueue'                                =>      'facilities at dummy.com<mailto:facilities at dummy.com>'

});

Hope this helps.

Cris

On 02/02/2015 12:27, Mr. Ian Mc Naught wrote:
Hi

We've used RT for a while just for IT issues, now we're adding an additional facilities queue. Everything is working to receive tickets via email, but we can only get it to send emails through the ithelpdesk email account regardless of queue. We're using MSMTP in order to use Google Apps to send emails. We have two accounts configured in msmtp_wrapper.conf ithelpdesk and facilities, but I can't see how to tell RT to use the facilities account when sending emails from that queue, so it sends everything as ithelpdesk.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Ian

Ian McNaught
Head of eLearning & Information Systems
Tel: (+968) 24730404

[http://www.majancollege.edu.om/images/majan+greatest+brand.png]        Majan College (University College)
P.O. Box 710, Postal Code 112, Ruwi
Sultanate of Oman
Switchboard: +968 24730400
Fax: +968 24730490
Find us:
Website<http://www.majancollege.edu.om/> | Linkedin<http://www.linkedin.com/company/majan-college-university-college-?trk=hb_tab_compy_id_2839692> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/majan.college> | Twitter<http://twitter.com/Majan_College>
Ranked No.1 Private College in Oman - "Oman Observer Survey Oct.2011"

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Majan College (University College) therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission