[rt-users] RT-Extension-CommandByMail <- I can't update tickets by mail

Chris McClement chrisis at bosberaad.com
Wed May 18 16:45:03 EDT 2016

I need some advice with getting the CommandByMail extension working.  I've
followed the installation instructions here:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/RT-Extension-CommandByMail/lib/RT/Extension/CommandByMail.pm

I'm on 4.4 so I've commented out the old @Mailplugin lines in
RT_Siteconfig.pm

Here's an excerpt from RT_Siteconfig.pm where I've tried to add in the
correnct lines:

# RT 4.2 plugins are not forward compatible with RT 4.4 - removed the
following (CJM)
#Plugin('RT::Extension::CommandByMail');
#Set(@MailPlugins, qw(Auth::MailFrom Filter::TakeAction));
#Set( $CommandByMailGroup, 'APNK Staff');

# added for 4.4. by CJM
 #Set( @MailPlugins,
  #          "Action::Take",
   #     );

# added by CJM
# enables updating the status of a ticket via email
Set(@MailPlugins, qw(Auth::MailFrom Action::CommandByMail));

I've included the commented bits because that shows what I removed when I
upgraded to 4.4.

I have also applied the patch as specified in the instructions.

During early troubleshooting I looked for CommandByMail.pm and could not
find it in my RT installation. With some guesswork I figured it should be
found here:

/opt/rt4/lib/RT/Interface/Email/Action/

I downloaded the source .pm from the cpan.org page linked above and copied
it to that folder. I've checked that the permissions for it are the same as
the other files there.

Am I even on the right track here? I'm sending an update to RT with
changing status.

Regards,
Chris